Graduate Research Assistant, Department of Horticulture, Auburn University
Member, National Society of Collegiate Scholars
Member, Phi Kappa Phi
My research program focuses on best management practices in the nursery and greenhouse industries as they affect greenhouse gas emissions, and ultimately carbon sequestration potential.
My outreach program is a collaborative effort with the Alabama Cooperative Extension System and the Alabama Green Industry Training Center. We have two main project initiatives, 1) to provide education to landscapers and other Green Industry personnel in the state of Alabama on the laws applying to both pesticide applicators and landscape installers, and prepare these groups for state exams, and 2) to promote the Green Industry within the state of Alabama to middle and high school students at both technical career fairs and in the classroom.
- Murphy, A.M., G.B. Runion, S.A. Prior, H.A. Torbert, J.L. Sibley, G.B. Fain, and J.M. Pickens. 2019. Greenhouse Gas Emissions as Impacted by High Wood Fiber Substrate in the Production of Three Annual Crops. J. Environ. Hort. (Submitted).
- Murphy, A.M., G.B. Runion, S.A. Prior, H.A. Torbert, J.L. Sibley, G.B. Fain, and J.M. Pickens. 2019. Effects of fertilizer placement on greenhouse gas emissions from a sun and shade grown ornamental crop. J. Environ. Hort. 37:74-80.
- Murphy, A.M., G.B. Runion, S.A. Prior, H.A. Torbert, J.L. Sibley, and C.H. Gilliam. 2018. Greenhouse gas emissions from an ornamental crop as impacted by two best management practices: Irrigation delivery and fertilizer placement. J. Environ. Hort. 36:58-65.
- Bartley, P.C., G.R. Wehtje, A.M. Murphy, W.G. Foshee, and C.H. Gilliam. 2016. Effects of woody mulches and dimethenamid-P on container grown Ligustrum japonica and Viburnum macrocephalum. J. Environ. Hort. 34(1):63-66.
- Bartley, P.C., G.R. Wehtje, A.M. Murphy, and C.H. Gilliam. 2015. Mulch type and depth influences weed control on three major weed species in nursery container production. Comb. Proc. of Int’l Plant Prop. Soc. 64:415-420.
- Edwards, L.E., S.C. Marble, A.M. Murphy, and C.H. Gilliam. 2015. Evaluation of indaziflam for greenhouse use. J. Environ. Hort. 33(4):160-165.
- Vandiver, T.A., G.B. Fain, C.H. Gilliam, J.L. Sibley, and A.M. Murphy. 2015. Distilled Eastern red cedar (Juniperus virginiana L.) as an alternative substrate in the production of greenhouse-grown annuals. J. Environ. Hort. 33:166-172.
- Wehtje, G.R., C.H. Gilliam, A.M. Murphy, and J. Fausey. 2015. Preemergence control of spotted spurge (Chamaesyce maculata L.) with flumioxazin as influenced by formulation and activation moisture. Weed Tech. 29:108:114.