Researches Container production and propagation, Waste management and Utilization in Horticultural Crops
238 Competitive Grants, Contracts, and Gifts Received: Total $9,211,802.
Recent Courses Taught
HORT 5150/6150, Retail Garden Center Management
HORT 5230/6230, Nursery Management
SUST 2000, Introduction to Sustainability
Business English for Korean Language Learners Spring Semester, 2017. Korean Corner. Office of Professional and Continuing Education, Auburn University.
HORT 2020/2023 Horticultural Crop Production
HORT 2050/2053 Food For Thought
Select Publications 2020
- Murphy, A.M., G.B. Runion, S.A. Prior, H.A. Torbert, J.L. Sibley1, G.B. Fain, and J.M. Pickens. 2019. Effects of fertilizer placement on greenhouse gas emissions from a sun and shade grown ornamental crop. J. Environ. Hort. 37:74-80.
- Sibley, J.L.,1 X. Yang, W. Lu, D.J. Eakes, C.H. Gilliam, W.G. Foshee, III, J.M. Pickens, and B. Zinner. 2018. Effects of a nonionic surfactant on growth, photosynthesis, and transpiration of New Guinea impatiens in the greenhouse. J. Environ. Hort. 36:73-81.
- Watts, D.B., J.B. Hess, S.F. Bilgili, H.A. Torbert, J.L. Sibley2, and J.D. Davis. 2017. Flue gas desulfurization gypsum: Its effectiveness as an alternative bedding material for broiler production. J. of Applied Poultry Research 26:50-59. Manuscript ID JAPR-16-01344.R1.; https://doi.org/10.3382/japr/pfw045.
- Griffin, J.J., W.R. Jacobi, E.G. McPherson, C.S. Sadof, J.R. McKenna, M.L. Gleason, N.W. Gauthier, D.A. Potter, D.R. Smitley, G.C. Adams, A.B. Gould, C.R. Cash, J.A. Walla, M.C. Starrett, G. Chastagner, J.L. Sibley2, V.A. Krischik and A.F. Newby. 2017. Ten year performance of the United States national elm trial. Arboriculture & Urban Forestry 43(3):107-120.
- 146 Articles in Refereed Journals for which Reprints are Available
- 3 Book Chapters
- 5 Training Manuals
- 100 Scientific Abstracts
- 42 Alabama Agricultural Experiment Station and Univ. GA. Expt. Station Publications
- 135 Symposia and Published Conference Proceedings
- 47 Technical Reports
- 106 Papers or Lectures at Professional Meetings (Including Conference Participation) and Invited Presentations for Which No Proceedings Were Compiled
- 115 Full-length Articles in Trade Magazines, Nursery Industry Newsletters, Other Creative Writing